Engineer, High Voltage Electrical and Electronic Systems
The Candidate must have automotive industry experience and an understanding of automotive industry requirements and standards. We are looking for a hands-on engineer, who will embrace the company’s cultural and professional business environment and will work directly with our customers and with the various suppliers involved in developing and prototype manufacturing High Voltage (HV) Electrical and Electronic (EE) vehicle systems.
The responsibilities of this position will include, but not be limited to:
- Hands on development of HV electrical and electronic systems.
- Work with customer requirements/requests and deliver engineering solutions.
- Perform electrical system design solutions to achieve customer requirements.
- Perform electrical system bench / vehicle tests and provide analysis on issues found.
- Work out solutions to engineering issues within the FutureMotiv EE team and report to the customer as required.
- Comply with processes that deliver a safe working environment for HV tasks.
Requirements of the position are:
- Strong hands on, “can do” EE engineering skills.
- Ability to learn fast and to quickly pick up new skills and engineering concepts.
- Ability to follow tasks provided by engineering leads.
- Ability to effectively operate and communicate in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in automotive HV EE systems engineering, development & testing. Powertrain electrification experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (or related professional accreditation).
- Familiarity with automotive (OEM) specifications and standards.
- Knowledge of HV electro / mechanical product development
- Experience in the design, build and test of printed circuit boards for HV applications
- Familiar with Engineering Diagnostic Tools.
- Knowledge of Vector Canoe / Canalyser; Analysis of CAN, LIN, FlexRay communication busses.
Ford experience highly advantageous.
FutureMotiv aims to be the trusted supplier for high quality, low-carbon vehicle technology, for cars, buses, trucks, marine, aero and off-highway applications.
FutureMotiv builds on the capabilities of its parent RLE International and the IPR / Know-how inherited from FrostEV
Our capability is focussed on the System Integration of electric powertrain solutions for niche and production vehicles
- Perform safety management activities to relevant standards during all project phases including HV electrical safety, preliminary hazard analysis, S/DFMEA, qualitative and quantitative fault tree analysis.
- Develop safety architectures and safety plans to ensure compliance with ISO26262.
- Ensure effective communication, containment and action plans with regards to quality related issues.
- Support effective root cause analysis and permanent corrective actions are implemented for quality issues.