Manager, High Voltage Electrical and Electronic Systems
The Candidate must have automotive industry experience, with a track record of success, and a broad understanding of automotive industry requirements and standards. We are looking for a hands-on leader, who will embrace the company’s cultural and professional business environment and will work directly with our customers and with the various suppliers involved in developing and manufacturing High Voltage (HV) Electrical and Electronic (EE) vehicle systems.
The responsibilities of this position will include, but not be limited to:
• Maintain customer relationships and serves as the EE engineering key contact person with the customer for EE business development and engineering issues and requirements
• Leads and coordinates plans to ensure customer expectations and supporting tasks are achieved
• Lead and manage a team to complete the agreed to tasks on time
• Define and negotiate engineering requirements with the customer
• Gain in-depth understanding of customer requirements/requests to give clear and concise instructions to the FutureMotiv HV EE team
• Oversee / perform electrical system bench / vehicle tests and provide analysis on issues found
• Work out solutions to engineering issues within the FutureMotiv EE team and report to the customer as required
• Provides technical leadership over the team and over development activities
• Manages and facilitates issues, processes, and activities within and across department functions
• Define and comply with processes that deliver a safe working environment for HV tasks. Propose appropriate PPE equipment to support these processes.
• Create, implement, and improve current processes in place and add new ones as needed
• Propose budget and staffing plan to upper management and hire/train necessary human resources to build a strong team to support current programs and future business expansion
• Mentor and train the team during development and keep team up to date with technology
Requirements of the position are:
• Strong management and leadership skills
• Ability to manage task allocation
• Team mentoring and team building
• Tactical and strategic planning
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (or related appropriate subject)
• Minimum 10 years of experience in automotive electrical systems engineering, development & testing. Powertrain electrification experience a plus
• 5+ years of supervisory or management experience
• Familiarity with automotive (OEM) specifications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively operate and communicate in a multi-cultural environment
• Excellent organization and prioritization skills
• Specific knowledge of HV electro / mechanical product development
• Deep experience in the design, build and test of printed circuit boards for HV applications
• Ability to operate and oversee a small prototype HV workshop with appropriate anti-static controls
• Ability to coordinate HV and LV harness builds in a controlled and robust manner.
• Familiar with Engineering Diagnostic Tools.
• Knowledge of Vector Canoe / Canalyser; Analysis of CAN, LIN, FlexRay communication busses
• Ford experience highly advantageous
• Perform safety management activities to relevant standards during all project phases including HV electrical safety, preliminary hazard analysis, S/DFMEA, qualitative and quantitative fault tree analysis
• Develop / manage safety architectures and safety plans to ensure compliance with ISO26262
• Ensure effective communication, containment and action plans with regards to quality related issues
• Support effective root cause analysis and permanent corrective actions are implemented for quality issues
FutureMotiv aims to be the trusted supplier for high quality, low-carbon vehicle technology, for cars, buses, trucks, marine, aero and off-highway applications.
FutureMotiv builds on the capabilities of its parent RLE International and the IPR / Know-how inherited from FrostEV
Our capability is focussed on the System Integration of electric powertrain solutions for niche and production vehicles
• Perform safety management activities to relevant standards during all project phases including HV electrical safety, preliminary hazard analysis, S/DFMEA, qualitative and quantitative fault tree analysis.
• Develop safety architectures and safety plans to ensure compliance with ISO26262.
• Ensure effective communication, containment and action plans with regards to quality related issues.
• Support effective root cause analysis and permanent corrective actions are implemented for quality issues.