PLM Teamcenter 2007 Update
Customer: Supplier (Tier1) / Automotive
The customer, a global development partner and supplier of the automotive industry, is hosting a complex PLM environment to manage product development. Thereby different PDM systems reflect the requirements of the development teams to cover dedicated customer set-ups.
All brand names, product names and abbreviations are the property of their respective companies.
The current PDM installation should be migrated from Teamcenter Engineering 2005 to Teamcenter 2007. The assignment involved the complete installation of the PDM system including the CAD integration (NX) and multisite support for two sites.
The project tasks have been executed in cooperation of the RLE departments PLM and IT. The implementation was split into following steps:
- Standard installation Teamcenter 2007 on an existing test system environment and data assumption at both sites
- Customizing of the test system environment referring to the specific requirements
- Establishing of multisite functionalities in the test environment
- Ramp-up management of the test environment: The scope of the test scenarios was defined to achieve a sustainable functional system environment
- Documentation of the data migration
Based on the preceding test runs and documentation the upgrade within the productive environment was executed. The implementation was followed by support and maintenance of the live systems as well onsite and remotely.
The RLE PLM group has extensive implementation experiences and knowledge of different PDM systems. Furthermore application and support know-how for Teamcenter is present within the PLM group.
Value for the customer
It was beneficial for the customer as well the requirements definition and the implementation have been provided out of one hand. Further on RLE could provide additional support and maintenance services.